Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Still Ever The Same

Today is just like any other days since I have been here since the 7th last week. Full of frustration, and chasing after a ever moving target. Just when I thought the task is coming to an end, my itchy hand and mind just can't help to open another can of worms.

The promise that their part of the system will be ready by end of last month, is again just an empty promise. Despite it had been minuted down during a meeting with their marketing big shots just before I went back to Malaysia for CNY, this bugger can still with his ever indifference attitude ignore all his promises.

For the past three days, the flow which supposed to has been finalized and throughly tested was changed twice. I made my unhappiness known through my replies and reminders to him through the emails which were CC-ed to his immediate boss, as well as other stake holders. It certainly not a happy face to see me, neither my mails. At least he wasn't as cocky as before, and he even summoned me to explain his side of stories. Which I suspect was after he was screwed by his boss or other big shot, after I replied his mail and painted him in bad light. Like I care!

You think I am interested to hear your grandma/grandpa story. If you can't manage your other vendor well, then it's your problem. You think after all of your attempts to use us as scape goat when you fail to manage your other vendor, I will listen to your stories? Come on, I just want to get my jobs done and get out of this hell hole that you created for us. Thank you very much, but no thanks.

Oh! If you some how wondering why your watery shit is flowing out of your sorry big ass, which I suspect where your peas brain is, during your orgasm and messed up with your cums, it's because my buddy and me has put a hex on you! :-P

*end of rant*

I wasn't really fond with anything that has gotta do with the red dot down south. Yet despite that, I guess I have to admit their airport is just awesome.

This admission came about, after having spent almost half a day in the little confined city of Changi Airport. For one reason or another, the connecting flight to Dhaka was about 8 hours from the time we touched down at Changi Airport.

Okie... well the IT or more precisely the Internet facilities in the air port is just so awesome, that I have to swallow my pride and admit (yeah for the 3rd times) that it is just AWESOME.
  • Internet is free. Oh well... I think the airport itself does provide free wireless. But I can't seem to be able to connect to it. But fret not, because one of their Telco, Starhub provide you with free unlimited wireless access as long as you roam on their mobile network. Just call a certain number, and the login and password will be sent well on the way to your phone through the sms.
  • Working desk/station are provided FOC. Though I didn't try the ethernet connection provided on the desk, I suspect that I may just work, and it's FOC. Do I sounds so cheapo already? Oh well... who can resist free thing?
  • Near evening, the pub/cafe next to the workstation even have a couple of performers performing live, though I can't remember exactly how go the performance is I still think it's awesome. When will our KLIA gonna have something like this? Not that I am so stoopid as to stay there for transit though :P No harm wondering, yes?

Oh meet my new notebook. Not really new as in NEW notebook. My old mate decide that he had enough, and gone cuckoo during CNY.

I manage to download Ubuntu 6 and install on this fella and upgraded it to 7 (feisty, which is still under development). I have decided to part with the Mandrake (or Mandriva as it's known now after the merger) distro after more than 4 years and do away with familiar and comfortable RPM based distro.

I have no experience with Debian based distro until now. From my less than three weeks experience with Ubuntu, I would say I am impressed. Being a lazy S that I am to tinkle with all the setting and manual install during the Mandriva days, I am pretty happy with the default install of Ubuntu. Well of course I did use the preloaded software package manager to download and install some optional software package and it's so trivial that even normal user will be able to do it. Well done the folks at Ubuntu!

To be fair, the Mandriva 2006 that I last installed was on the older notebook, with lower hardware spec which doesn't even have wireless build in and I have not tried the latest Mandriva 2007 (was it 2007?).

The wireless connection on Ubuntu is just perfect. It also manages to detect all the component correctly. Even the screen lock button work without any tinkering. The WiFi on/off button doesn't seems to work though, not that I used them anyway too. Can always use the software control to turn on/off the wireless connection.