Sunday, January 07, 2007

Butir Nangka

I can't even remember when was the last time I had this kelatanese dessert. My grandma used to prepare it for us when I was still very young and she still staying with us.


Ingredients:
Set A
  • 250 grams Glutinous Rice Flour
  • 1 cup of pandan leaf extracts
Set B
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tea spoon of fenugreek seeds (biji halba)
  • 1/2 tea spoon of fine salt
  • 2-4 pandan leaf
  • 1 thumb size ginger
  • 5 glasses of coconut milk (extracted from 1 coconut - not too old, otherwise will be to creamy). I am using the instant santan (whole pack), which I found to be too creamy



Directions:
1. Mix Set A and knead into dough.
2. Roll and shape the dough into the finger size jackfruit seed (thus the name butir nangka).
3. Boils a pot of water. Put the butir nangka into the boiling water. Wait till it float and take it out and put aside.


4. Cut the ginger into very fine strips.
5. Mix the Set B and boil.
6. Once it boils, put in the butir nangka (3.) stir and ready to be served.