Saturday, July 22, 2006

I Missed Earth

No, I'm not in a far away planet or anything. Never been out of earth neither, I'm here, well on earth. While watching a documentary on the NGC or was it Discovery about a family of a certain tribe in south of china, a certain thought crossed my mind. The daugther was herding their goats back to the pen, bare footed. Then it just ticked, in me. I started to miss touching earth with my bare foot.

I can't remember when was the last time the sole of my feet touch the earth. Maybe 3 months ago, or more? Artificial surface like tar, or simen not counted. Earth as in with the dust in all it's glory and gory.

I missed playing on the field, bare footed. I missed walking on the beach bare footed. I miss walking through the family orchard, touching the grass, thorn, roots, scrubs, sand, and all that which are natural.

While writing this, I tried to recall when was the last time I see the moon with all it's glory and stars. I can't remember when was the last time I see them. Too caught up and imprisoned in hassle bustler of so called life, and missed out on the simple pleasure of life?